Instructional booklet - printed with plastic covers and spiral bound. Shipped via first class mail.
Booklet contains information that was presented at a workshop at IDEX-2009. Information includes choosing the right socks for a particular size doll, ribbing choices, lining - fabrics and how to line the sweaters (and why), and how to lay out the pattern pieces on a sock (some diagrams included). A simple pattern is included in both MSD and SD size. Several pictures are included in this version to show the variety of sweaters, ribbings and trims that can be utilized. This booklet is meant to be a companion to my sock sweater patterns and only includes the pattern mentioned in contents list. Note: it is 17 pages (printed on one side of paper) plus front and back cover and has numerous color photos.
Contents of booklet includes:
- Socks - sizes (which ones to use for dolls size), fibers, one-way and two-way designs
- Ribbing - kinds and how to use
- Lining sweaters - why do it and what linings to use
- Cutting out information - several layout diagrams included
- Construction information
- Sources for socks
- Sock sweater pattern for MSD and SD size
- Several pictures illustrating different trims and ribbings on sock sweaters